Thursday, July 30, 2020
Friday, July 17, 2020
"I said in my alarm, 'I am cut off from Your sight!" But You heard the voice of my pleas for mercy when I cried to You for help." Psalm 31:22
"I sought the LORD, and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. This poor man cried and the LORD heard him and saved him out of all his troubles." Psalm 34:4-6
One thing this study of the Psalms has done for me is to highlight the strong assurance of Scripture that God hears and answers the prayers of His children. Has this been your experience in prayer? I am confident of God’s presence when we pray. It’s not because I “feel” or “sense” Him, but I trust His promise.
- HE who is RIGHTEOUS has perfectly obeyed in my place.
- HE is FAITHFUL though I am faithless.
- HE GIVES HONOR in place of my shame.
- HE RULES over all and I am forever safe in Him.
- HE is full of MERCY and STEADFAST LOVE though I am sinful and selfish.
- HE is STRONGEST of all though I am painfully weak.
- HE DISCIPLINES me for His name’s sake and for my good.
- HE is BEAUTIFUL beyond compare when the ugliness of the world dims my sight.
- HE SATISFIES… oh that I would hunger more for HIM!